Well, this kid Jerry Kingfish has pulled off a hat trick. One more re-election and he'll be right up there with that communist FDR. "It's a wonderful life" they tell me. Of course, with a $150,000 salary and a wife on the payroll, how bad can it be? Not that the perks justify cheating, but you can sure see the motivation.
The odds are about even as to which president will get his wife elected first: Clinton or Kieschnick.
My short-wave radio also tells me that Bill Dickman has won another term as JK's fartcatcher. Well, I guess I'll still get all those Ablaze!(tm) e-mails from Intergalatic Headquarters - you know, the ones that tell me how next month's e-mail is actually going to say something.
Still no news on the resolution I sent in about getting synod to fund the bar tabs of retired chaplains. Last I heard the floor committee rewrote it so it now has to do with girl scout cookies and mission statements.
Lucky for the synod muckety-mucks that they don't have to obey the laws. WWFBD? (What Would Fritz Baue Do?(tm))
Well, like I say after every presidential election: "Four More Beers!" I think I'm gonna change the station now and listen to something more believable than the Missouri Synod - like how Cuba has the best health care in the world. Viva El Presidente!
Having not set foot into an LCMS venue in years, and being on somewhat less than speaking terms with St. Paul the LCMS Minister (me brother), I do beg the question - Is Ablaze(tm)a clergy-only program or are they pushing the stuff into the pews?
ReplyDeleteOne of the myriad reasons I left was because of the increasingly propaganda-esque nature of the "programs" for evangelism that were coming out.
Well, they tell me Ablaze!(tm) is "not a program, it's a movement." It's being pushed on the laity and the clergy alike. It's called the Fleecehood of All Believers.
ReplyDeleteThe good news is that only 10% of the Missouri congregations are "Ablaze!(tm) - which means 90% are uninfected. At least with this virus.
Remember, alcohol kills bacteria. Which means there is only one antidote to douse the fires of Ablaze!(tm).
Make mine a double.
Where do you get the pics of these hot ladies? Earlier the sparkly blue eyed gal, and now this brown doe-eyed cutie... WoW...
ReplyDeleteLawrence:
ReplyDeleteIt's my natural charm and rugged good looks. Not to mention the "guns" that can still snap off a c-spot of push ups. Now get back to PT (and I don't mean that weenie Paul McCain either!).