Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Ideal Ablaze!(tm) Preacher

"Programs rather than sermons..."

Armin Pra tries to bring locals to the church by offering helpful programs rather than sermons.
Zoom
Martin Jehnichen

Armin Pra tries to bring locals to the church by offering helpful programs rather than sermons.

Troops, this is from an actual Kraut article. Hell, at least they describe their gimmicks as "programs" instead of as "movements." You know something's wrong when the Hun is more honest than you are.

All in all, it sounds like Wittenberg is as FUBAR as St. Louis. Well, at least you can get a real beer there to numb the pain instead of that Butt Lite they sell in Loonieland. Just make sure the last Lutherans in the EKD and in the LCMS are kind enough to turn the lights off when they leave. I'm on a fixed income.

9 comments:

  1. Is that the same black gown and white drool-catcher that you had to wear when you received your first Call those many years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is he dressed as a vampire?

    Oh yeah! I forgot. Reformation Day. He's dressed as one of the popes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'sum of a beach' has them eating right out of his hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off topic, Happy Veteran's Day, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon:

    You kidding? When I got my call, we were wearing bow ties like those sissies at the feminary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Floyd:

    Son, popes these days wear Armani suits and really goofy amulets around their necks. They sign their names real big too (compensating?).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve-o:

    That's what happens when you do "outreach" at the petting zoo. That oughtta rack up the Ablaze!(tm) points. Can I trade them in for stuff like I can at the skee ball arcade?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy:

    Thanks for the salute. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, toots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know! He's dressed as a vampire to try to cash in on that new movie, Twilight.

    ReplyDelete