Friday, March 27, 2009

McLame at it again...


You know, troops, I don't like to beat up on McLame. It's kind of like smacking around your little sister. Of course, my little sister joined the WACs and used to beat me at arm wrestling. But you know what I mean.

But one of you knuckleheads sent me to Weedon's Blog where McCain is getting all McCainy on Father Hollyweird accusing him of being me.

I mean, really.

I'm on a cruise ship. Beano blogged about how he took his wife to Applebee's or something for their anniversary. Hollywood is a cheap bastard, and I know I will never run into him on this rig.

But I find it funny that McLame is out there on a "fishing expedition" making all sorts of half-assed accusations about internet anonymoty.

I mean, this is the same guy whose name was not among the 7,000 who stuck their necks out and signed the petition to bring back Issues, Etc. This is a guy with a big mouth, who could have actually helped the cause. But all this guy could come up with in the aftermath, when the entire Lutheran world was ready to nail 95 Bureaucrats to the Church Door, was this mealy-mouthed post that said nothing about the Holy Tuesday Treachery (while conveniently disabling comments). And I thought you had to become a DP to qualify for the spine-removal rite.

When it came to taking a stand for those fellas Shortz and Willikin, McLame was the definition of "anonymous." In fact, he shoulda changed the name of his blog to "SilentBrethren." My parrot had more to say than McCain, and was pretty colorful about it too. But of course, my parrot tends to repeat me.

Like I said, I don't much care what cubicle ministers have to say. I've been around long enough to know the 'crat mentality. Bean doesn't seem to give a crap either (well, that's one thing he's right about anyway). McLame's attitude would change if he got in the trenches. But hey, somebody has to keep an eye on how many Ablaze!(tm) coffee cups Discordia Puberty House is selling. And I think Polly is the right gal for the job.

I thought about posting a comment over there saying: "I am Spartacus" and asking Mickey to get a brain scan. Maybe someone needs to send him into a round room and tell him to pee in the corner. And Swirly is even whining about me. He thinks I rejected him or something, and is pouting about it. Crap, truth be told, I'm just slow on the e-mail. But what is this kid anyway, a teen aged girl?

These fellas are starting to give me the willies. But I'm "feeling good" right now thanks to my buddy Jack, and can't really think of anything witty to say over at Willy Weedon's gig. You guys feel free. E-mail me with any funny comments you might post over there, and I'll give you a medal or something.

Now, do you ladies see why I'm happier at sea?

9 comments:

  1. Dear General:

    Uh, yeah, I'm in the "crossfire" as you military types say. First I catch "it" from McCain, and now I'm catching "it" from you. Right now, I have enough to fertilize the garden.

    I'll have you know, I took the wife to Margaritaville. Applebee's is only for *very* special occasions.

    And yes, I am a cheap bastard. But you need to get with the times, old man. The modern term is: "monetarily-restrictive illegitimate-American."

    But anyway, glad to be "on board" with you again, and I hope for some smoother sailing when McCain finds another anal fixation, and when Higher Things bloggers come up with another liturgical matter to mock (my prediction: having your church called "Redeemer").

    And I have to admit, it is funny watching McCain flap like a chicken. I know I shouldn't enjoy it, but I do. Since the legislature outlawed cockfighting last year, we don't have a whole lot by way of entertainment here on the West Bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, and I was thinking if it was Father H maybe I could get that hotline number to the pizza joint out of him.

    Judas Flying H Priest, all this stink about rose vestments and Petersen's aren't even rose!

    As to being caught in the crossfire, that's Stevie Ray Vaughan.

    Can't wait till Advent and I can open a can of whoopass about blue so big I'll have to get R Lee to guest host my damn blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good old St. Pauli Girl. What will he do next?

    He strikes me as the type that, during the Reformation, he would have been a follower of Karlstadt.

    He also strikes me as the type that, during WWII, he was the one who would have been the perfect French gentleman. Defeated and willing to give up any and everyone to the new ruling party to save his ass.

    I have figured it out. St. Pauli Girl McLame is the Where's Waldo of the conservative/confessional group. I can't wait to read his books. I've got a title, Making Missouri Dysfunctional Again, an autobiography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I thank God for synodocratical positions. They protect the sheep from some questionable clergy.

    Of course, if they'd just stamp 'UFM' at the seminary on the heads of men who are Unfit For Ministry, it'd make it much easier for an unsuspecting congregation to call one of them.

    A guy might look good on paper. The congregation might think, 'He has a nice blog. He speaks English. What does he look like? Oh...he's UFM. Next.'

    See? General, make that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at Peterson's website with the new vestments. *Those* created such a fuss? You can order two-tone Lenten vestments and paraments out of the Almy Catalog. I was reminded of my first car: 1976 Volare in two tone - tan and rust. Peterson's vestments look a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollyweird:

    Do be such a baby. And get a hair cut. You're still a cheap bastard, and the next time I'm in New Orleans, I expect a tour of Bourbon Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pelder:

    I don't listen to Stevie Ray Vaugn ever since he did that duet with Paula McCarthy about "ebony and ivory." I liked the kid better when he played harmonica and didn't win awards and tie his hair in little beads. The kid also needs to shed a few pounds, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cally:

    I can't wait to read that one. It's right up there with the latest Logia (yawn). Have you ever seen a journal take something as joyful as theology and squeeze the life out of it like a mashed up tube of Prep-H? Cripes. I save my old issues and sell them on eBay as an experimental insomnia treatment. The FDA can't touch me offshore.

    Meanwhile, McLame says: "Buy more bobbleheads."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon:

    So that's what that picture of McLame is. One of you knuckleheads sent me a headshot of the guy with "UFM" on his forehead. Hell, I thought they had just renamed CPH and Mickey was just being a good "company man" as usual.

    It all makes sense now.

    I will try to post that picture if I can find it. That means having to open a folder, and I'm kind of in the middle of a liquid snack right now.

    This "blogging" is hard work. I'm supposed to be taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete