Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lima (Peru, not Wisconsin)


Ah, a few days R&R in Lima.

Look at this church, troops. Unfortunately, I'll only be a spectator at this Mass. Most of the "Lutheran" churches here are run by broads. And yes, I know, all you Gottesdienst types out there: this cathedral loses a point for the "card table" altar, but it does pick the point back up for having the tabernacle. And am I going senile, or was this altar on the cover a few months back?

Wait a minute? What is that? No. It can't be? How the hell did Otten get a stack of Christian News in the narthex?

Men, I need a belt, and it ain't because my dungarees are falling down.

6 comments:

  1. Actually, the stack of CN in the narthex was just wrapping paper used to ship items from the states. All issues will be turned over to the jail for use as toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. General,
    A lot of lutheran pastor bloggers will post some of their sermons for the edification of their readers. I was hoping that you might post a sermon or two of yours from years gone by. Will you do that for your readers?
    In Christ,
    daniel
    Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still workin' on that sermon that Rev. Skillman requested? Or r u on R&R (again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cally:

    Maybe we need to have a contest to find the best uses of CNs. I think the papist church uses them to ship rosaries by eBay. Cripes, if Herman found that out, he'd blow a coronary, and all those years of eating healthy would go to waste. That'd be a bitch. Then Cascione would have to get a job - and organ grinders are in short supply these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skilly:

    You guys that post your sermons on the intertubes are homos.

    In order to do that, you gotta write 'em down. No way. You kids is way too coddled: interlinears, Bible Works, and tab collars. If you gotta write your sermons, you're not preaching, but dabbling in poetry.

    So, no, I'm not going to "post" a sermon for you free loading "punks" to steal.

    You kids need to get with the old school program: stagger into the pulpit with a shot of Jack and a Greek New Testament. English is for homos - unless you're from England. Then you're just a homo with cruddy teeth.

    What was the question again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olson:

    I happen to have just left Peru, and I did indeed say an Easter Mass today: twelve noon.

    Management wanted a "sun rise service" but I told them the only "sun rise" they were going to get involved tequila. I said I would conduct the service when I was "frigging good and ready" (I gave up the f-word for Lent. Oh, Lent's over? WTF?).

    It almost came to blows with one of the regulars, until I grabbed the old broad's walker, held it over the rail, and got her to see things reasonably.

    Hell, they oughtta let me "negotiate" with the pirates. Who ever heard of pirates from Somalia anyway? I suppose the coloreds think this is some kind of damned accomplishment - as if only a white could put on an eye patch and teach a parrot to squawk.

    Big deal. I don't care what color the pirates are, they all look just as queer in those puffy shirts. Didn't I see that on TV once?

    So, the "tequila sun rise" service was pretty good. That's one way to take away the boredom off of the one year series.

    ReplyDelete